Read the Case “Clean Cooking” at the end of Chapter 9 and response to the following:
- In what ways would the widespread adoption of clean cook stoves address the global environmental issues discussed in this chapter?
- In what ways would the widespread adoption of clean cook stoves address the issues of economic development and poverty discussed in this chapter?
- Which sectors (e.g., government, business, and civil society) would need to be involved in a successful campaign to promote clean cook stoves in the developing world, and what would be the contributions of each?
- What would be the benefit to multinational corporations, such as CEMEX, Marks and Spencer, and Dow Corning, of participating in this effort?
- What distinctive contributions can social entrepreneurs make to promote clean cook stoves?