As a project manager you are responsible for many areas within your organization. You are also responsible for understanding the standards and requirements for the organization which relates to procurement and proposals. For this assignment, you are to assume the role of a project manager and discuss the process and procedures that are necessary for planning, developing and submitting proposals for procurement.
Be sure to incorporate the following into your response:
1. According to PMBOK® Guide, what steps are included in the process of planning procurements?
2. What information does the procurement statement of work contain?
3. List three reasons why the project manager should buy scope from a seller.
4. What is the main difference in a Request for Proposal (RFP) and a Request for Quote (RFQ)?
5. What information should be included in a bid package?
6. What is a valid and enforceable agreement?
7. List all methods that are used to terminate a contract.
8. What is the difference between mediation and arbitration?