PRIVATE SECTOR PARTNERSHIPS
Assess Crisis Management for Selected Organization
Private Sector Partnerships: Natural/Man-Made Disasters
Below are examples of private sector partners that should be covered in an emergency response plan for a town or city. Each are dependent upon the other and must work together:
- Transportation (e.g., trains, planes, emergency vehicles)
- Telecommunication systems
- Utilities (e.g., water, electricity, waste disposal)
- Banking (responding to local credit demands)
- Retail (e.g., lumber outlet, supermarket)
This assignment required you to utilize an Excel (or any other) electronic data sheet. If you need assistance you can use the Excel Help options or see your Readings.
Scenario: A strong earthquake 50 miles west of the Southern California coastline created a tsunami wave that hit the beach cities of San Clemente, Dana Point, Laguna Beach, and Newport Beach. First responders are reporting continuously on human casualties: dead and injured, and structure damage: damaged and destroyed. You are at the County ICS command post, and receiving said reports from the field, compiling them within an Excel file. You are required to provide an updated and aggregate report to the incident commander.
Create a Bar Chart from the data compiled below. Hint: Cut and Paste the table onto Excel spreadsheet. Click “Insert” on Excel sheet; Left-click, hold down, and shade the entire table; scroll up and click “Recommended Charts;” and, click on a chart of your choice.
Submit your work to include:
- Your report table and chart.
- Point out the major findings of your report.
- Name the private sectors that will be involved in responding to the devastation. Comment on the private sectors that will be involved in responding to the devastation.
CityHuman-InjuredHuman- deadHuman- TotalStructure- DamagedStructure- DestroyedStructure- TotalClemente19883281202646Dana2128229451051Laguna20035235241034Newport31587402451459Total9252871,21214050190