I’m studying for my Environmental Science class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
Energy Equation: E = mv ( E = wind energy, m = mass of wind, v = wind velocity )
Use the Energy Equation shown above to calculate the wind energy in each of the following. Show DETAILED CALCULATION for each question.
- Energy in a hurricane with winds of 75 mph ( miles per hour )
- A cyclone with gusting wind of 115 mph
- Hurricane with winds of 205 mph.
- A tornado with wind gusts of 155 mph.
- A microburst with winds of 85 mph.