Personality Theories in the Psychodynamic Tradition [WLOs: 1, 2, 3] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read the chapter in your textbook that coincides with your assigned theorist (below). In addition, research a minimum of one peer-reviewed article from the University of Arizona Global Campus Library on your theorist’s research and work within the field of psychology. The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. There are several articles in the Recommended Resources that can be used as well.
For your initial post, you will examine the contributions of an assigned theorist who was instrumental in developing the psychoanalytic theoretical approach based on the first letter of your last name. Please see below for your assigned theorist.
- Sigmund Freud: last names beginning with A through G
- Carl Jung: last names beginning with H through N
- Alfred Adler: last names beginning with O through T
- Erik Erikson: last names beginning with U through Z
Once you have located your article, examine and describe your theorist’s contribution(s) to psychodynamic theory. Using your own Academic Voice (Links to an external site.), include
- The major theoretical approaches proposed by your theorist.
- How the culture in which your assigned theorist lived impacted their thinking.
Your personal opinion about the theory and its propositions.
- Agree? Disagree? Why?
Your initial post should be a minimum of 450 words. APA formatted citations should be applied, and a reference list included.