This simulation will take approximately 90 minutes, after which you will organize your thoughts and notes in a written paper. Take notes on what actions you took and why.
- Compose and describe your thoughts about which options you chose during the simulation including the criteria you used to select options, the tradeoffs you considered, and any analysis you conducted.
- Explain your choice relative to scope, resources, and schedule.
- Explain how project characteristics, such as deadlines and team skill levels, affect team morale and work quality.
- Convey the impact of managers’ decisions on team morale and work quality, including how much time to spend on meetings and coaching, impact of overtime and outsourcing, and staffing levels.
- Finalize your thoughts about the simulation play, including what you learned about managing projects.
- Prepare a 3- to 4-page paper (not including the required title and reference pages and the appendix – any tables, figures, charts, drawings, etc. are to be in the appendices if needed) detailing and compiling the specifics to items 1-5 above.
- Support your paper with a minimum of two current (published in the most recent five years) scholarly sources from the CSU-Global Library, in addition to any course textbooks or lecture material you decide to use.
- Format your entire paper according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA (Links to an external site.).
- Be clear, concise, and focused. Be sure to organize your writing properly and include an introduction; headings/subheadings for the body of your work; analysis and recommendations (if applicable); a conclusion; and list of references.