IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING WORD LIMIT REQUIREMENTS:
Please note that each and every assignment has its own word limit.
For your final project, review the feedback provided by your instructor and make revisions accordingly. Integrate the specified aspects from your previous assignments, as directed, to develop your final Program and Planning Project assignment. Use the guidelines below to provide a comprehensive overview of your proposed program. The final paper should be 2,000-2,250 words, not counting your references and appendix.
- Introduce your proposed program. Include the vision and overreaching goal for the program. Discuss the objectives associated with this goal.
- Explain the public health issue. Describe the target population affected. Discuss the overall challenges and barriers that create health inequity for this population.
- Discuss the program model used for your program. Explain why this model is most suited for your target population and your proposed program. Use epidemiologic data (EBP) to support your proposed topic.
- Indicate how the behavioral health theory supports implementation of the program. Discuss how these will be strategically applied throughout the steps of implementation. How will the theory ultimately assist in reaching the programmatic goal? Provide evidence to support your claims.
- Describe the necessary stakeholders that need to be involved in order for the implementation of this program to be successful. Propose strategies, including approaches to communication, to develop community coalitions and engage stakeholders.
- Based on your work plan, discuss program strategies and summarize the steps or activities associated with each.
- Provide your revised program budget, budget proposal, and justification to support your outlined intervention. Attach your itemized budget in the appendix.
- Describe the outcome and process evaluations used to measure the success of the intervention. Include specific indicators and data collection or measurement tools.
This benchmark assesses the following programmatic competencies:
3.3 Design a population-based policy, program, project, or intervention.
3.5 Select methods to evaluate public health programs.
4.2 Propose strategies to identify stakeholders and build coalitions and partnerships for influencing public health outcomes.
You are required to cite at least EIGHT sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the discussion question criteria and public health content.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide. An abstract is not required.
While APA style is required, solid academic writing is expected as well, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
PLEASE make sure APA citation and permalink for articles are complete and correct.
PLEASE add the links/sites below to the reference list if you use any of these readings and make sure everything is in proper APA format.
Read Chapter 10 in Health Promotion Programs: From Theory to Practice.
Read “A Framework for Program Evaluation,” located on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC) website.
Read “Section 1: Planning and Writing an Annual Budget” of Chapter 36 in the Community Tool Box, located on the Community Tool Box website.
Read “Types of Evaluation in Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Programs,” located on the Rural Health Information Hub (RHIhub) website.
Read “Public Health Assessment & Program Evaluation” located on the Army Public Health Center website.
MUST haveat least 8 citations with the page numbers and 8 references in APA format.(The List of References should not be older than 2016 and should not be included in the word count.) Include at least one scholarly reference and appropriate in-text citations and Address all points on the DQ. One point will be deducted for not addressing each item mentioned above. Remember that presenting someone else’s work as your own is plagiarism.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
It is important that you cover all the topics identified in the assignment. Covering the topic does not mean mentioning the topic BUT presenting an explanation from the context of ethics and the readings for this class
I am a stickler for good organization in everything. I do not want to have to dig for your answers. For instance, if an assignment asks you to provide three examples of something, I suggest that you number them 1-3 so I can find them easily. I also expect that when you submit something as a narrative, you pay attention to how you organize your thoughts: use paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences; and change paragraphs whenever you introduce a new idea. Also, if there are multiple parts to an assignment, use sub-heads within the paper to organize them.
To get maximum points you need to follow the requirements listed for this assignments 1) look at the word/page limits 2) review and follow APA rules 3) create subheadings to identify the key sections you are presenting and 4) Free from typographical and sentence construction errors.
REMEMBER IN APA FORMAT JOURNAL TITLES AND VOLUME NUMBERS ARE ITALICIZED.
American Psychological Association. Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (7th Ed.). Washington, DC: Author.