Energy resource managers analyze human uses and impacts on resources and propose sound conservation practices. However, economic growth and societal expansion compete with resource conservation and restrictions. Resource usage, conservation, and preservation need to be balanced in order to promote sustainability. Visit the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) to learn how energy (nuclear, solar, wind, etc.) in your state is generated.
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words (20 points):
- Describe one energy resource that is readily available in your community or state. What are the impacts and/or consequences of delivering it to your community? How do your actions impact the supply of this resource?
Perform an internet search to identify an instance of environmental pollution in your state. Use the example you found and the imaginary scenario provided below to complete the assignment.
Scenario: There is a concern about environmental pollution in your state or community. Because of your expertise as an environmental scientist, you have been invited to be a panelist at a town hall meeting in which you will present an overview of the issue. The audience consists of community leaders, members of the scientific community, and some local residents.
Create a 5-to 8-slide presentation (Microsoft® PowerPoint®, Prezi, or Sway®) in which you explain the problem from a scientific perspective. Please see the Week 3 rubric to learn how your presentation will be graded.
Address the following in your presentation with detailed speaker’s notes:
· What are the scientific factors that are causing the issue?
· How is the issue identified? Describe the data associated with the problem.
· What solutions or opportunities should be explored to address the issue further?
· Incorporate relevant key words from the Environmental Pollution Key Terms document.
· Include a title page, introduction, conclusion, and list of references. The title page and references are not included in the slide count.
· Include helpful visual aids and limit the main points on the slides to 3-5 words per point.
Use at least 2 outside references. Cite these references, include a references list, and use APA format for these elements along with your title page.
Format your presentation and references according to APA guidelines.
· Your presentation (Microsoft® PowerPoint®, Prezi, or Sway®) should include detailed speaker notes, similar to what you would present orally.
In this assignment, you will review energy sources and provide definitions and summaries in your own words to develop a personalized understanding of the concepts.
Complete the Energy Matrix. Note there are seven energy resources within the matrix.