1.Need to polish up the part I have finished
2. Need a summary
3.The paper is about Shane Chen‘s hoverboard export from China to America
The overall requirements of this paper
Following the steps below:
- Research the chosen country.
- Choose an appropriate product/service to introduce into the country (newer items only or new to int’l business companies, if you are from Georgia you can’t sell Coke).
- Research a service or product line of a native Alabama (or the state you call home) company (not foreign-owned), your choice; if you are a foreign-born student, you will sell a product /service from your home country (not foreign-owned) to sell in the assigned country.
- Do further research on the country focusing on the information relevant to the product/service.
- Write the paper following the outline below in #4.
2. Use a minimum of five sources. Newspaper articles (Wall Street Journal) and popular business publications (Business Week, Fortune) are some of the best sources because they are current. Changes occur rapidly in the international environment for business, so only sources that have been published in the last 5 years are reliable (sometimes the very latest [this semester] sources are most important). Use the following many times, (Hill, 2013, p. xx). Cite all sources and arrange headings according to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th Edition (APA style).
Only sources with identifiable authors are acceptable. That means a person’s name has to be attached to the article! (There are ONLY two exceptions; company web page and CIA website.) A full reference page is required.
3. The paper will be at least 10 printed pages of text, cover sheet and reference page are extra. The paper will be double-spaced, 1″ margins, numbered pages (first page of text is 1), and Times New Roman 12 pt font. Spelling, typographical errors, and poor grammar count (off). Use third person (no I, me, or we).
This is a formal business report. This is not a creative writing project. I do not want your opinion. State the facts and draw a conclusion.
4. Follow the outline below. Use headings/subheadings. You must include the BOLD/bold ones.
Describe your company and reasons for going international. 10
Describe rational for the choice of product/service. 10
Make it very clear what product or service you are selling and who your customer (B2B?) will be. 10
INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT FACTORS
Strategy. What is the strategy? Why? (global/trans/multi/int’l) 20
Entry strategy and reasons why. (export, FDI, JV…) 20
Structure “ 10
Staffing Philosophy “ 10
Remember strategy, structure, and staffing must “fit together”.
How do you plan to ensure a long-term cooperative relationship with your host country? 10