A minimum of 200 words is required for each question. Please make sure you use proper academic sources and proper APA standards for each answer. A minimum of two outside sources are required for each question. (7 questions)
- What are some of the reasons that traits like conscientiousness or core self-evaluations, as measured by personality tests are likely to relate to job performance across many occupations? Why isn’t extroversion as consistently beneficial on the job?
- Why is it so hard to get a good measure of a person’s personality? What are some of the best techniques for measuring personality?
- Describe some of the positive features of general mental ability tests that make them attractive for selection purposes. What are the drawbacks?
- Describe the advantages of structured interviews compared to unstructured interviews. Consider why so many companies still use unstructured interviews, and what you would advise them.
- What is the main difference between situational and behavioral structured interviews? When would it be better to go with a situational interview? When would it be better to go with a behavioral interview?
- What is an assessment center? What are the key activities that are used to assess people?
- When using managerial performance reviews for selecting candidates for promotion, what is the advantage of using measures based on potential for future jobs? What is the advantage of using measures based on performance in the current job?