This country analysis is the first part of a final project. We will have 2 more parts. The country is Spain. You can find the details below.
Country Analysis Assignment Guidance
You are required to do a business evaluation of the country you selected in the first week of class. The analysis must be submitted on Blackboard as a Word file. This document will outline the challenges and opportunities you see relative to startinga business in that country. This analysis will form the basis for selecting a business to start and, using the data, formulate a strategic plan in a subsequent assignment (due in Week 7).
For the current assignment the Word document should be no longer than 4-6 pages (double-spaced and not counting title and reference pages). The document does not have to be in APA format but all references mustbe appropriately cited per APA guidelines. It should contain the following information (where the information expected is Information that you feel is relevant to starting a business in that country and which would ultimately be useful in developing and implementing a strategic plan):
- Background: History / Geography / Demographics
- Key facts about the Culture– particularly things that would help the reader understand how to do business more effectively there.
- Key facts about thePoliticalsystem, your analysis of that information and associated risks you identify as a result of that analysis.
- Key facts about theEconomicsystem, your analysis of that information and associated risks you identify as a result of that analysis.
- Key facts about theLegalsystem, your analysis of that information and associated risks you identify as a result of that analysis.
- Summary and Recommendations– Include what businesses you believe would do well there based on your analyses (in other words what businesses you would consider starting there and why)
- Referencesyou used
Note: Refer to the PowerPoint slide I have attached in the Wiki for this course. This shows a great framework to analyze and illustrate “country attractiveness”. This is from your book and is contained in the PowerPoint file attached to Chapter 3 in Blackboard (Week 1).
Please prepare this paper as if you were going to make a formal presentation to the CEO of the company you work for or to a venture capitalist. Therefore, you need to be sure the information you put in the paper is concise, clear, to-the-point and with no grammar errors or misspellings. Do not simply list facts. You are expected to analyze what these facts mean, the risks they represent and their relevance in starting a business in the selected country.