As you review the case study, use the assignment instructions to take notes to assist in your analysis; in addition, review information provided in earlier stages of this report to identify where the proposed solution can address the needs and requirements.
Use the outline format and headings provided and follow all formatting instructions below.Review final report for incorporation of previous grading content feedback and any format changes needed.
- System Justification and How the Proposed Solution Meets the Requirements
- Implementation Areas
Provided with the Stage 4 Assignment Instructions is a description of an IT solution that HR management has selected, with the CIOâ€™s endorsement, to meet the needs of improving CICâ€™s hiring process.In Stage 1, you analyzed the strategy and objectives for CIC and how a technology solution to improve the hiring process would contribute.In Stage 2, you analyzed how to improve the hiring process with this solution, and in Stage 3 you identified specific requirements.After reviewing the EZ-ATS Vendor Brochure, briefly describe the selected solution.Then, describe how the proposed solution aligns with achieving the strategy, improving the process, and meets the requirements.Write one to two clear, concise, well-organized paragraphs to summarize this assessment.Donâ€™t just repeat information from previous stages, but synthesize this information and provide strong information and justification to explain why this proposed solution is a good fit for CIC.
To successfully implement this technology solution, several key areas must be addressed by CIC.Below is a list of key implementation areas.Use the numbering and headings below and address each area by providing a separate paragraph for each area to explain how the area will be addressed.Information from the vendor brochure can address some of these but other areas need to be addressed by CIC.It is not sufficient to just indicate â€œVendor provides.”In addition to incorporating course content, external research on implementation areas will strengthen your understanding and explanation.
- Vendor agreement
- What does the vendor require from CIC to be able to start using the system?
- How much will it cost to get access to and configure the system for CIC’s use?
- How much will it cost per month to support 60 system users?
- Hardware and telecommunications
- List the types of hardware CIC employees can use to access the system.
- What kind of telecommunications will be used for the solution, including local connectivity inside CIC and Internet access from outside CIC?
- Configuration (Even SaaS solutions require a degree of configuration for each client. What needs to be done to implement the CIC job requisitions, workflow, reports, terminology and/or logo/graphics?)
- What options does the vendor offer for configuring the off-the-shelf system to CIC’s needs?
- How will the configuration be done and by whom?
- What option is offered for CIC to just try out the system to see how it works?
- Once it has signed up and configured the system, how will CIC test the system to see if it is working properly for its needs? Describe how CIC will conduct User Acceptance Testing.(This would be a good area for you to research.)
- Choose one of the ten requirements in Requirements (listed in Section III of your BA&SR Report) and explain how that requirement will be tested to ensure it is working properly and the requirement is met.
- Employee preparation and support â€“ Identify what CIC should do in each of the areas below to prepare the employees (including the hiring managers in the various departments) to use the new system.Identify who (by their title or role) should do what in each area. (Incorporate information from Course Content â€“ Leadership and Change Management Course Module â€“ Week 8)
- Leadership (2-3 sentences)
- Change Management (2-3 sentences)
- Training (2-3 sentences)
- User Support (2-3 sentences)
- Data migration â€“ Consider what existing data (applicants in process with the manual process) would need to be entered into the system to get started and how might this be accomplished?
- Maintenance â€“ How will updates and enhancements to the EZ-ATS system be made?
Summary and Conclusion:Close your Business Analysis and System Recommendation Report with a brief summary of the key points including the benefits CIC can expect to gain from this solution and the alignment with strategic objectives. (One well-written paragraph).Just as your introduction informed your reader about why youâ€™re writing and whatâ€™s to come, the conclusion should provide a clear and concise final paragraph to reinforce/emphasize key points and a compelling argument for the chosen solution â€“ and it should urge the reader to take action.
Formatting Your Assignment
Consider your audience â€“ you are writing in the role of a CIC business analyst and your audience is CIC and your boss, the CIO.Donâ€™t discuss CIC as if the reader has no knowledge of the organization.Use third person consistently throughout the report.In third person, the writer avoids the pronouns I, we, my, and ours. The third person is used to make the writing more objective by taking the individual, the â€œself,â€ out of the writing. This method is very helpful for effective business writing, a form in which facts, not opinion, drive the tone of the text. Writing in the third person allows the writer to come across as unbiased and thus more informed.
- In Stage 4, you are preparing the final part of a 4-stage report.Use the structure, headings, and outline format provided here for your report.
- Write a complete, well organized paper that includes the four sections of the Business Analysis and System Recommendations (BA&SR) report.Use the recommendations provided in each area for length of response.Itâ€™s important to value quality over quantity.Length for Section IV should not exceed five (5) pages in addition to Sections I, II and III.
- Content areas should be double spaced; table entries should be single-spaced.
- Ensure that each of the tables in the final report is preceded by an introductory sentence that explains what is contained in the table, so the reader understands whythe table has been included.
- Continue to use the title page created in Stage 1 that includes:The company name, title of report, your name, Course and Section # and date of this submission.
- Finalize the Reference Page for resources required for all sections of the report.The final document should contain all references from all stages appropriately formatted and alphabetized.