. Title: A concise summary of the paper’s topic.
2. Abstract (<150 words): A concise summary of your paper’s major findings.
3. Introduction: The motivation and background for your study. You wrote a first draft of this
last week. I will have these graded by this weekend and you should incorporate my
suggestions into the version of the introduction that you use for this paper.
4. Methods: Outline how you developed the cross section and the methods used to generate the
draped geologic map (you do not need to include details that will be clear to an informed
reader; be sure to write your methods as you would in a professional paper or report and
look back at any comments I gave on the previous methods section you wrote). This section
can be brief.
5. Results: A description of your cross-section results. This should be a description of the
structural geology, including the type and scale of folding and faulting. Be sure to include the
type of fault(s) and the offset(s).
6. Discussion: For the discussion, I want you to discuss the style of deformation, how it relates
to the tectonic setting during the Alleghanian orogeny, and how the structural geology of the
area impacts the morphology or landscape. How do the structures show up on the surface?
What controls the locations of hills or valleys?
7. Conclusion: A concise summary of your major findings and their implicationsCross-section attached