This individual assignment requires each student must provide the format of the assignment is an essay, which students may like to structure and break up into sections and headings (e.g. introduction, main text – subheadings and conclusion). Students do not need any abstract, executive summaries or appendices. The length of the assignment should be no less than 2,500 and no more than 3,000 words, excluding the Reference List.
The assignment should be submitted by the student by the submission date (Week 11) noted above as an electronic copy via Turnitin. No hardcopy submission is needed. Failure to submit on-time will be deemed to be a non-submission and attract appropriate penalties.
Your assignment is to produce a report within HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY (e.g; hotel, restaurant, pub, bar, café, cruise ship, self-catering, etc. Your report should cover the following topics.
1. Introduction and background of the organization (example Marriott hotel in British Columbia / Canada).
2. Explain the legal system in British Columbia / Canada and link with the hospitality industry such as organisation of the judiciary.
3. Discuss the potential impact of the law on a business such as rules and regulations (example Marriott hotel in British Columbia / Canada), employment law, equal opportunities, various legislation including environmental legislation, health and safety legislation, consumer legislation and contemporary issues such as COVID 19.
4. Conclusion and Recommendations such as different legal frameworks and laws for hospitality industry in British Columbia / Canada, The role of unions for future and community engagement
All reports need to follow the APA formatting style and will be evaluated using the course rubric above TABLE 5 and similarity is maximum 15%.
7. Embedding Employability:
All courses on the program of study have employability embedded in them – this means that they will help students to develop the skills needed for employment in the hospitality industry.. These skills have been described in the following ways: cognitive skills, generic competencies, personal capabilities technical ability, organizational awareness, practical and professional elements and developing a professional online identity. The following descriptors indicate the skills developed on this course.
8. Assignment Explanations:
All your course assignments are due by time stipulated by instructor. All deadlines are firm unless documentary evidence is provided. All late submission will be given a zero grade. No hard copy is necessary for assignments in this course.
8.1.Assignment format style: The following format is applied for the assignment paper:
• 12-point font, double-spaced, normal margins, and font type: Arial
• Cover page with team member/members’ name and title of the research project.
• Students’ names and Students’ number on cover page.
• Reference page.
• Reference of photos.
• Appendices (If any, like charts, or maps or graphs).
• No typos or spelling errors.
• Please number the pages in the lower right-hand corner.
• Acceptance Turnitin originality report and similarity is maximum 15%