You are a physical education teacher of third grade students at an urban public school. Aware of the lack of physical activity among many American children, you have decided to plan a physical education regimen for your students that maximizes their opportunities for exercise. You also want to plan physical activities for students in your class that will help them learn age-appropriate physical skills that will develop motor skills.
Health and Physical Development (HPD)
- Physical Health and Growth
- Goal HPD-2: Children engage in active physical play indoors and outdoors.
- Motor Development
- Goal HPD-4: Children develop the large muscle control and abilities needed to move through and explore their environment.
- Goal HPD-5: Children develop small muscle control and hand-eye coordination to manipulate objects and work with tools.
- Physical Education
- Motor Skills
- Movement Concepts
- Health-related Fitness
Instructions and Rubric for Chapter Scenario: 100 Points Total
Focus Assignment: 50 points
Create a plan for physical activities to be incorporated in your PE class during the school year.
- In a minimum of 1 paragraph for each, describe two to three activities each that will
- (1) keep all students physically active in your class, and
- (2) teach students to develop fine and gross motor skills as appropriate for their age level.
Self Reflection: 50 points
- For each item of your plan, explain how this item addresses the issues in the scenario (40 points).