Part 1 Exercise Questions (40 points)
Complete exercise questions 1 (5 pts), 3 (5 pts), 5 (10 pts), 6 (5 pts) and 9 (15 pts) found at the end of Chapter 8.
Part 2 Scheduling Problem (50 points)
Complete the following:
Your child is a member of the school theater group and have been asked to prepare the schedule, etc. for a skit to be performed during the 4th of July celebration in the local village square. As a volunteer, you offer to serve as the project controller because of your expertise in schedule management.
- Construct an AON diagram similar to the format used in the Youtube videos found in the commentary using an MS Excel spreadsheet. Ensure that you include a Start activity and a Finish activity. Include a legend (example is the one completed in Question 1, Part 1.
- Calculate the estimated time for each activity using PERT techniques for the 3 estimates provided. Include a sample calculation.
- Prepare a table that identifies all paths and their lengths. Which path is the critical path?
- During the execution phase of the skit project, one of the activities on the critical path is delayed by one day. Is this serious?
- Using the activity estimates for optimistic, pessimistic and most likely time to complete activities on the critical path, qualitatively discuss the estimate uncertainty of the critical path.
I have attached the detail of the assignment and books as well. Please see the attachment.