Lesson 1_ Assignment_ Research Canvas and Topics
Culminating Project I: “The Research Canvas”
1) Obtain a free ebook, “The Research Canvas” (Latham, 2014) following these steps:
- Visit “John Latham: Organization Design” website at http://johnlatham.me
- Navigate to the menu on the top; click “Frameworks” then click “Research Methods Framework” http://johnlatham.me/frameworks/research-methods-framework/
- Navigate to the Resource across the top of the page and register to receive a free ebook and Articles.
- Review the “Research Canvas” section on pages 8-17 that provides a short description of the research “Problem”, “Purpose”, “Questions”, Conceptual Framework”, “Literature Review”, “Overall Approach”, “Data Collection”, “Data Analysis” and “Drawing Conclusions”.
2) Draft “ Initial Research Canvas”
- Download a printable PDF blank canvas (see “The Research Canvas” ebook, p. 17) – Use this as a guide to assist you with completing the research canvas assignment.
- Begin developing the first sections of your research canvas by drafting a one page document of 700 words to include potential prospectus topic. Provide a summary of the problem/purpose and your reasoning to selecting the particular topics. Please submit the document using APA formatting.
- Include at least 2 references for each topic.
- Submit your work for evaluation and feedback.
- View the video, “Ontology, Epistemology, Methodology and Methods in Research Simplified!” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCOsY5rkRs8 [11:59]
- View the video” Complex Research Terminology Simplified: Paradigms, Ontology, Epistemology and Methodology” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xvpxBVCo0c [11:40]
- View the video, “Doctoral Research at Cranfield: PhD or DBA?” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_U9s3wZxkE [5:03]
- View the video “Purposes of Research” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsTaU4wnAtI [15:24]
- View the video “Action Research” with Ashridge Business School’s Simon Standish, Gill Coleman & Danny Chesterman” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96aM9OgSauM [13:37]
- View the video, “Writing a dissertation” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hVNF_8S6Ok [21:47]