Please answer the following questions regarding the Stanford hospital case.
1. The case provides a set of solutions for solving the process problems in Stanford Hospital (pp. 12 – 14). Consider the process issues discussed earlier in the case. Do you have a preference for one or two solutions in the list? Explain.
2. Refer to the process diagram at the end of the case . How would you redesign the OR process?
“This planning document was ignored in 2020 to our detriment” … Change My Mind
Get students to think about how history can teach us, especially when planning for a swan event. We saw how the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center in 1993 helped prepare for 9/11. There is no evidence that studies such as this described in the paper were used to plan for pandemics. The behaviors of companies was reactive and not proactive. Convince me I am wrong. Should we search for documents like this to help us plan?
What did you find most interesting in Module 3 (terms, concepts, etc.)?
What did you find most interesting in the Quarter 3 Simulation?
– explain using a full paragraph (5-7 sentences, minimum)
- How does Keurig’s strategy stand up against competitive rivalry in the industry? What recommendations can you offer to support Keurig’s growth and profitability objectives?
- Apply the VRIO framework to Keurig’s resources/capabilities/competencies. Did you find any sources of competitive advantage?