Paul2021-04-29 19:20:172021-04-29 19:20:17Domestic Municipal wastewater environmental science homework help
CPA 7 : Guided Reading Questions – CH10 (Due: October 24th)
- Define the following terms:
- Domestic, Municipal wastewater
- Industrial wastewater
- Septic Tank
- Sewer system
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
- Suspended Biological System
- Fixed bed system
- Bar Screens
- Activated Sludge
- Microbial growth
- F/M Ratio
- Lag Phase
- Log Phase
- Death Phase
- Stationary phase
- Waste activated sludge (WAS)
- Returned activated sludge (RAS)
- Sludge blanket
- Mixed Liquor Suspended Solids (MLSS)
- Jet Aerator
- Diffuser system
- Trickling Filter
- Porous Media
- Solid content
- Aerobic Digestion
- Anaerobic Digestion
- Sludge Disposal
- Land Application
- What are the steps involved in Preliminary Treatment?
- What are the steps involved in Primary Treatment?
- What are the unit operation and processes involved in Secondary (Biological) Treatment?
- What are the unit operation and processes involved in Tertiary (Advanced) Treatment?
- What are the three main disinfectants used in waste water treatment?
- Why do we need to do Sludge Treatment?
- What are the steps to Sludge Treatment and handling?
- What is the average water content of the sludge from primary and secondary clarifiers?
- What is the goal of Sludge stabilization?
- How is solid content of the sludge relate to the volume of the sludge?
- What does the final solid content of the sludge should achieve to be able to call it efficient?
- How does aerobic digestion compare to the anaerobic digestion?
- What are the possible alternatives for Sludge Disposal?
- What are pros and cons about alternative sludge disposal methods?