Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 4: The Influence of Health Policies and the Future of Health Care in the U.S.
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points
Based on the changing environment, as well as demographics in 21st Century America, there are many burgeoning issues and hurdles the U.S. Health Care System faces. As part of the preparation for your assignment, view the video titled â€œHealth Care Issues and Problems in USAâ€ (7 min 36 s).
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Based on the video, analyze the main points presented by the narrator concerning issues and problems inherent in overall health care in the U.S.
- Ascertain whether the narratorâ€™s views are in sync with your opinion of 21st Century U.S. health care. Provide support for your rationale.
- Provide a financial rationale for following the current U.S. health care policies. Discuss your position in which you highlight, at a minimum, economic and ethical considerations.
- Reflecting upon the material covered in this course, outline a five (5) stage plan which articulates the main ways in which you would improve the present U.S. health care system.
- Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the impact that policy, social, and economic forces have on health care access and quality of care in the United States.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in health services organization.
- Write clearly and concisely about health services organization using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.