The issue now becomes how to integrate the e-commerce with the main Web site. The next step in your E-Commerce Implementation plan is to prepare for the integration of the e-commerce Web site with the main Web site of the organization so that the other parts of the organization will have the access that they need.
The project deliverables are as follows:
- Integration Coding:
- Use the basic e-commerce Web site that you developed to add integration functionality for some other area of the organization.
- The integration should demonstrate how data can be communicated to another Web site or how areas of the organization that are external to the e-commerce Web site can perform tasks that will communicate with the e-Commerce Web site. For example, how a product catalog is updated by the sales staff by modifying a sales database on another Web site and having the results communicated to the e-commerce site.
- Note: It will be a very good idea to confer with your instructor on your plan for this project before you begin any coding to ensure that your plan falls within the desired scope of the assignment.
- Integration Documentation:
- In the Integration section of the E-commerce Implementation Plan document, discuss the integration and how it will benefit other areas of the organization.
- Describe the selected functionality and how the code works.
- Include any information that is required to successfully demonstrate the functionality.