For your course project, you will evaluate the therapeutic options for a particular population of your choosing. You will then create a therapy session in which you demonstrate your competence in applying your chosen treatment option. Throughout the course, you have been given opportunities to conduct mock interviews. If you choose, you may expand on one of those interviews, or you may create a new situation entirely.
Write 10â€“15 pages in which you:
- Identify the particular population in terms of the diagnosis or presenting problem that you will address.
- Assemble a description of a fictional client presenting with symptoms from your chosen population and identify any diverse groups your client belongs to. (Your client must belong to at least one group).
- Select two or more theories of psychotherapy for best treating this population. Support your choices with empirical research.
- Synthesize the theories you chose to create a treatment plan for your client. Be sure to address cultural considerations in your synthesis, referencing the literature to support your decisions.
- Create a hypothetical written dialogue of an initial therapy session with this client. During this dialogue, discuss informed consent for treatment, use reflective listening, and use summarizing and empathic statements to understand your client’s concerns and then discuss treatment options.
To achieve a successful project experience and outcome, you are expected to meet the following requirements.
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations should be formatted according to APA (6th Edition) style and formatting.
- Number of resources: Minimum of 12 resources.
- Length of paper: 10â€“15 typed double -spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Arial, 12 point.
When completed, submit your Counseling Theories Final Project to your instructor for grading.