Answer the following questions in at least 3-5 sentences each with strong supportive details and, when you are finished, follow the short essay prompt directions below.
- How were slaves treated?
- What were the underlying factors for the continuation of slavery?
- How did slaves influence America’s economy during the time of slavery?Do you think America would have prospered into one of the most powerful countries had it not been for the economic prosperity of slavery? Explain why or why not.
- What was the significance of President Lincoln’s election?
- What specific, named compromise could not be attained before the secession?
- When and why did the secession begin? What state seceded first?
When you have finished answering these questions, please explain in a short essay of at least 500 words how the Emancipation Proclamation was a game changer for the Civil War. Include how it affected the goal of the Civil War, the combatants, and how it influenced foreign nations’ decisions as to whether or not to support one side over the other in the war.
In a separate short essay of at least 400 words, describe how the Reconstruction Era following the Civil War helped transform the nation and bring it back together again.
Please write your essays in MLA format, and follow the standard five paragraph model.
You must use at least 6 credible sources and provide a Works Cited page. Failure to include a Works Cited page will result in a rejected assignment.