Write a 11 pages paper on media in the social media age media management. User interaction in social media is in terms of feedback by commenting, sharing views, posing questions, and voting for the quality and relevance of content, design, and other attributes. Traditional electronic media includes television and radio broadcasting while print media comprises newspapers, newsletters, bulletins, magazines among others (Brogan, 2010, p. 203). Social media can be said to constitute the following:
• Social bookmarking where interaction is by tagging and searching through websites bookmarked by other people,
• Social news where people vote for articles and make comments, discussions, and air views
• Social networking – interaction here is by creating personal profiles, inviting and adding friends, preferential sharing personal information, creating groups, and carrying out discussions. Examples here include Facebook and Twitter social networks among others.
• Blog spots including announcements blogger relationships and proprietary blogs – These are personal sites on the web created with an aim to give and share certain information and provide a platform for discussions, comments, and ideas about the subject areas.
• Wikis – Here, the users interact by way of adding and editing new and existing articles respectively, for example, Wikipedia, wiki answers, and Investopedia.
• Paid earned owned internet advertising
• Search marketing mobile advertising sponsorships
• Paid applications social media (pages and feeds)
• Word of mouth user forums news
• Brand and product websites
• Mobile brand and product websites
• Proprietary mobile applications
• Customer care services
• Proprietary digital content
1.1 The Place of Public Relations Agencies in Media Campaign Management
PR agencies have traditionally been useful in developing relationships with editorial contacts and creating editorial content that can be published by these contacts meaning that PR has always been about the management and optimization of mutually influential relationships. Successful social media marketing is dependent on two main inputs. the media content and media relationships or contacts. PR focuses on certain types of social media like the earned owned social media, word of mouth user forums, customer care services, digital content, and blogs.