Write a research paper of 1800 words.
- I will need a first draft
- 1800 words = about 6-8 pages with 1″ margins on each side
- Times News Roman set at 12 point
The essay should contain; what I am looking for:1. An introduction that leads us in.
2. A thesis statement positioned in a predictable spot in the introduction (second to last sentence in the introduction). Briefly, a thesis is your claim, your main point, the heart of your essay, or if you like driving, the steering wheel of your essay. I should be able to read your thesis and know what you are going to argue, describe, or explain in your essay.
3. In the body of your essay develop as many ideas as you need to support and defend your thesis.
4. You must have a conclusion that concludes. Restate your thesis, but do not reproduce it. How has your thesis changed over the course of writing? Conclusions that conclude: What are your suggestions? What are your predictions? Sum up your analysis (if cities are in a perpetual state of decline and you discussed this point by point in your essay, summarize the points in your conclusion).
5. Your paper and Works Cited must be in MLA style.6. Paper must include 6 -10 outside sources. Find sources with author names: first and last
No reference tools as secondary sourcesNo other student’s paper (blogs, social network site, discussion forums)
TOPIC OF THE PAPER:
Discuss “I, Too” and equal rights. What kind of America is Hughes writing about?
BY LANGSTON HUGHES
I, too, sing America.
I am the darker brother.
They send me to eat in the kitchen
When company comes,
But I laugh,
And eat well,
And grow strong.
I’ll be at the table
When company comes.
Say to me,
“Eat in the kitchen,”
They’ll see how beautiful I am
And be ashamed—
I, too, am America.